"Upper Svaneti" Mestia by leonik
Mestia Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 87 photos
Little Saba Tamliani, 2 years old. Resident of Latali Village (near Mestia), Upper Svaneti.
Thanks to the lighting, lush green background, sun hat, his expression, I thought this lovable guy (who, by the way, is obsessed with moths) looked every bit "Anne Geddes-worthy".
Horse-riding through the pristine alpine forests of Upper Svaneti was definitely the most amazing experience in my 7-week travels in the region.
With its many stone watch towers and the commanding Caucasus Range, this place would be a fitting tribute to the Lord of the Rings!
This page, if and when completed, will be dedicated to the Tamliani family of Latali Village. (Ewa Sukhari! ey-wah soo kha-ri "Thank You" in Svanuri, the language of the Svans)
Saba's Mom, Megi, is on the right-most.
L-R: Saba's Great-grandmother, Grandmother, and Mom.
Girl in Red: Saba's cousin.
Svanuri's (and Georgian) not the easiest language to pronounce so i'm going to transliterate it to the best of my... more travel advice
leonik's Related Pages
Mestia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Svaneti - the most worth to visit place in Georgia"
- "Mestia--Svaneti Region"
- "From Chegem to Mestia 1982"
- "Upper Svaneti"
- "Georgia - Mestia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mestia
- Hotels in Mestia
- Transportation in Mestia
- Restaurants in Mestia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mestia
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mestia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mestia
Photos in MestiaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- T'bilisi Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos
- Perth Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Korea Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skardu Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Ethiopia Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bahir Dar Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Axum Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Gonder Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos