"blue-viggen's Latvia Page" Latvia by blue-viggen

Latvia Travel Guide: 3,114 reviews and 7,526 photos

I visit the Baltic countries quite regularly and normally get to visit at least 4 times a year though mainly for lonng weekend visits. I like both Riga and Tallinn in Estonia as I find the cost of living comparable though funnilly the people have very different cultures in many ways, which is good to experience. It is enjoyable and certainly an emerging market (from A Financial Business aspect) these Baltic countries I feel will benefit enormously when they enter the E.U. which I am sure will only be a matter of time. Now is the time to visit though before too much western influence prevails and a chance to see a picture of the countries in their true splendour. I first visited Riga in 1999 & since I have seen many changes occurr, thankfully they are retaining many of their original features and characteristics as both people and the country as a whole progresses. A real post-communistic experience and as I hve a passion for visits to Russia and St Petersburg in particular it is a real cultural experience if you get the opportunity.

• Intro Written Sep 9, 2002

blue-viggen

“' The wonder of Life and it's many changes in people '”

Badges & Stats in Latvia