"BEAUTIFUL RUHRAREA/SCHÖNES RUHRGEBIET/BEAUTE´ RUHR" RitchiS1's Profile
NICE PARK AROUND CASTLE GOLDSCHMIEDING
MY CITY IS CALLED GREEN INDUSTRIAL TOWN
BECAUSE 60 PERCENT OF THE AREA IS GREEN
This sign or signs like this indicate INDUSTRIEKULTURE , that means u can find OLD INDUSTRIAL MONUMENTS like the LIFT-LOCK at Henrichenburg part of Castrop-Rauxel . In our region the RUHRAREA u ll find a lot of them .
In Oberhausen there is a GASOMETER used as a viewpoint .
This is our neighborcity the centre of Herne is about 10 kilometres away from my hometown .
Herne is much bigger as Castrop-Rauxel, in August it is the heart of our AREA , because there is every year the GREAT FUNFAIR OF CRANGE .
PIC: BAARESTREET , beautiful restaurated houses of the former carbonminers . This will be an ATTRACTION in our AREA .
WHO WANTS TO SEE ANIMATED PICS FROM A LOT OF GERMAN CASTLES OR FORTRESSES Try the following web adress:
The original Henrichenburg lift-lock at Waltrop is a popular destination for excursions, and not just by people interested in old technologies. This, the biggest civil engineering work on the Dortmund-Ems canal, was inaugurated by Kaiser Wilhelm II on 11 August 1899, and for the next 63 years it carried barges of up to 600 tons between the level of the canal's longest pound and
that of its terminal section (14 m higher). In 1962, it was replaced by the bigger and faster lift-lock that remains in operation nearby.
Today, the original lift-lock is one of Europe's most remarkable industrial monuments. The Westphalian Industrial Museum has organised an exhibition showing how it was built and the role of inland waterways during the past century in the former machine-house.
An historic boatyard, steamships and workboats are the attractions of the Museum-dock at the upper level "Oberwasser". Visitors to the motor-barge "Franz-Christian", moored in the dock at the lower level, can discover what the everyday life of boatmen and their families is like on board. By special arrangement, children can even sign on as cabin-boys (or -girls) and scrub the decks... There's more about this here!
Visitors to Henrichenburg can also see examples showing the evolution of lock technology during the past century, notably the single-chamber high-rise lock dating from 1914, the new lift-lock opened in 1962, and the giant new lock opened in 1989. These are only the highlights of what can be seen by following the sign-posted path.
For more details and the WAY look at the following page !!
We have also some restaurated beautiful houses of COALWORKERS . This one here is placed on the Bodelschwinger Street and has been built in 1902 .
This can be seen also in Castrop-Rauxel . It is a relict of the COALMINERS in our City. Now we dónt have any miners at all . That is reason , why the air in the "RUHRGBIET " REGION OF RUHR , is much better as in former days .
This is an other old MONUMENT of Castrop-Rauxel. Beautiful placed in a park , near the CENTRE of our CITY . Now it is a RESTAURANT upper classe . Sorry I d ´ont know anything about the qaulity of the meals .
It can also be used to marrie !
Near that location you ll find a GREAT HOTEL . It is often used by
GREAT NATIONAL SOCCER TEAMS . The Teams of TURKEY , GERMANY and other TEAMS stayed here !!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 709 Reviews
- 2,348 Photos
- 28 Countries
- 99 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- RitchiS1 and matcrazy1 are now friends.
- updated a California Travel Page "GREAT STATE OF THE US"
- Wrote a Review DIVING IN THE RED SEA in Marsa al `Alam Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gate of Diving Tours"
- Commented on one of kazander's Acadia National Park travel pages
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "I plan a short trip to KRAKOW..."
updated their Personal Page "My Personal Workingplaces"
PhotosSee All Photos (2348)
Top 10 Pages
- Castrop-Rauxel Intro, 64 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 7 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 9 reviews, 86 photos, 10 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 13 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 14 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 7 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 8 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 7 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 7 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Porec Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22165 Reviews - 53882 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4464 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7633 Reviews - 19478 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos