"Stara Zagora Page" Stara Zagora by queensali
Stara Zagora Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 30 photos
STARA ZAGORA - a town at the southeastern foot of Surnena Gora Mountain, 231 km east of Sofia. Population of 150 000. A junction of the railway lines Sofia-Plovdiv-Bourgas and Rouse-Podkova.
The Stara Zagora Region, located at the crossroads of multiple civilizations, has a particular glow coming out of its past - hidden in the depth of millennia. Inhabited by Thracians, Ancient Greeks, Romans, Slavs, Ottomans, and Bulgarians, this antique land bears the immortal historical testimony of its past civilizations. Stara Zagora's Neolithic dwellings (the earliest traces of human activity in Europe from the 7th - 6th millennium BC); the Karasura archaeological excavations near Chirpan; the ruins of the ancient Roman Forum at the center of Stara Zagora, and the Thracian tomb in Kazanlak are among its countless historical treasures.
The town of Stara Zagora has been burned to the ground and raised from ashes in a number of devastating fires. Less than 150 years ago, it was resurrected from ruins. Stone by stone and brick by brick, it was rebuilt. It has entered the modern era as an important cultural center and as a vital thriving community with tree-lined streets, lively cafes and beautiful parks.
Remains of two houses from a settlement of the Neolithic age, dating from the 6th millenium BC, in Stara Zagora are... more travel advice
Stara Zagora is a city with a wide range of culinary delights with offerings ranging from traditional Bulgarian "mehana"... more travel advice
queensali's Related Pages
Stara Zagora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stara Zagora: Open Market Town"
- "Stara Zagora Page"
- "The town where i grew up"
- "Stara Zagora main page"
- "Stara Zagora"
- "Stara Zagora"
- "Linden Trees, Poets, & Straight Streets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stara Zagora
- Hotels in Stara Zagora
- Transportation in Stara Zagora
- Nightlife in Stara Zagora
- Restaurants in Stara Zagora
- Shopping in Stara Zagora
- See All...
Explore the World
- Foxrock Hotels
- Madeline Island Hotels
- Lake Placid
- Freiburg im Breisgau
- Tulsk Hotels
- Chestertown Hotels
- Colorado Springs
- Marianske Lazne
- Porto Cristo
- Idaho Falls
- Hua Hin
- Kasteel de Haar Hotels
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Hotels
Badges & Stats in Stara Zagora
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Stara Zagora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stara Zagora
Top 10 Pages
- Poznan Intro, 21 reviews, 16 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Krakow Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Vienna Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Libya Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- The Hague Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Bulgaria Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Livorno Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos