"Estepona - unspoilt by the British Costa Invasion" Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona by Helen196

Estepona Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 261 photos

We have an apartment up in Forest Hills (still being built as of Sept 04) so we thought we'd get to know the town so we know all the best spots to recommend to anyone who rents the apartment from us.

I expected a stereotypical Costa Del Sol resort :- "Full English Breakfast Here", "Get your Sunday Dinner Here!", inflatable lilo's and loads of English people, but I was very surprised by Estepona.

It's a charming town that has kept the foreign invasion at bay and retained it's Spanish identity, although we met people from all over the world who were holidaying there.

Wandering through the town you will stumble upon little fountains and statues, well kept gardens, and musty old second hand stores full of hidden treasures.

There are scores of tapas bars where you can get value for money out of your spanish lessons/phrasebook by attempting to speak the lingo (which is always appreciated by the locals even if you are rubbish at it like we were!)

We were only there for 3 days but already I'm trying to plan a return trip where we can take in a little more of this lovely town

• Pros:Friendly, relaxing, quiet, great beach
  • Cons:The contruction that's going on at the moment
  • In a nutshell:Laid back and welcoming.
  • Last visit to Estepona: Sep 2004
  • Intro Written Oct 5, 2004

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Estepona looks inviting from your page. Good tips and photos. Thanks for sharing. Bora

• Jan 27, 2010 at 5:39 AM

robbies is definitely one to reccommend we find its always too busy just to turn up so book a table and if you cant find it all the taxis know good old robbies they will take you there have fun and enjoy the ultimate dining experience in estepona

• Oct 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM

we are looking to get married june 2011, we have 40 -50 guests, we are looking for dancing as well as god food, not sure if this is possible, if not, do you have any recommendations. we are visiting you in march next year, chris and carol

• Apr 30, 2008 at 3:07 PM

I'm sorry to ask but please explain "queues"

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Hi Helen, nice page about Estepona. I have just built my own one too! Merry Christmas!

Badges & Stats in Estepona

Have you been to Estepona?

Latest Activity in Estepona