"Estepona - unspoilt by the British Costa Invasion" Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona by Helen196
Estepona Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 266 photos
We have an apartment up in Forest Hills (still being built as of Sept 04) so we thought we'd get to know the town so we know all the best spots to recommend to anyone who rents the apartment from us.
I expected a stereotypical Costa Del Sol resort :- "Full English Breakfast Here", "Get your Sunday Dinner Here!", inflatable lilo's and loads of English people, but I was very surprised by Estepona.
It's a charming town that has kept the foreign invasion at bay and retained it's Spanish identity, although we met people from all over the world who were holidaying there.
Wandering through the town you will stumble upon little fountains and statues, well kept gardens, and musty old second hand stores full of hidden treasures.
There are scores of tapas bars where you can get value for money out of your spanish lessons/phrasebook by attempting to speak the lingo (which is always appreciated by the locals even if you are rubbish at it like we were!)
We were only there for 3 days but already I'm trying to plan a return trip where we can take in a little more of this lovely town
- Pros:Friendly, relaxing, quiet, great beach
- Cons:The contruction that's going on at the moment
- In a nutshell:Laid back and welcoming.
Tolone's is an eastern inspired bar right at the far end of Calle Real, which serves smoothies, brownies and of course... more travel advice
We visited Estepona again during July 2005, and ate at Robbies. I can heartily recommend it - it was a great dining... more travel advice
Helen196's Related Pages
Estepona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Estepona, a charming town"
- "Estepona, a great little base for explorations!"
- "Estepona, Costa del Sol"
- "Estepona - Costa del Sol"
- "Estepona - unspoilt by the British Costa Invasion"
- "Amapola's Estepona Page"
- "An idyllic spot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estepona
- Hotels in Estepona
- Transportation in Estepona
- Nightlife in Estepona
- Restaurants in Estepona
- Shopping in Estepona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estepona
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Estepona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estepona
Photos in EsteponaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Mammoth Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos
- Milan Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Miami Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Andorra Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Marbella Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.