"Sand, snakes & old mines" Top 5 Page for this destination Calico by Avryle
Calico Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 137 photos
Calico is one of those places that everyone misses on their drive from Southern California to Las Vegas. It started out as a mining town, had it's boom and died out. The small town of Yermo has grown up near it and is usually only a stopping point for gas, potty break or something to eat. However, the area is really great to explore especially with an off-road vehicle. There are plenty of trails & abandoned mines to poke about in.
- Pros:Nobody out there
- Cons:The summer heat
A misnomer of epic proportions. This is a very famous archaeological site that's still going strong. At one point in... more travel advice
Its completely free to camp on BLM (Bureau of Land Management) property. And guess what?? There's a lot of it around... more travel advice
Avryle's Related Pages
Calico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Calico Ghost Town"
- "Calico Ghost Town - Historical Landmark #782"
- "Calico ghost town"
- "Sand, snakes & old mines"
- "Calico near Hollis"
- "Calico Ghost Town, California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Calico
- Hotels in Calico
- Transportation in Calico
- Restaurants in Calico
- Shopping in Calico
- Warnings and Dangers in Calico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Calico
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Calico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Calico
Photos in CalicoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 20 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 21 reviews, 13 photos
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Hollywood Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Bath Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Mazatlán Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos