"San Pellegrino Terme" San Pellegrino Terme by Joeplaboem
San Pellegrino Terme Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
San pellegrino lies in the center of the Val Brembana. It is a health resort near the river brembo
The mountains around the city are all above 1000 meters (Gioco, Foldone Zucco and Castello della regina. You will find mineral water springs that were already found in the 8 th century but only commercially used since 1800.
The first spa came in 1840 in 1899 the Societa dei grandi Alberghi built the grand Hotel and the Casino. Also a water cure establishement is built.
The water of San Pellegrino is a good remedy against uric acid concentrations, liver stones, diaetes, skin infections, kidney disease and obesity.
In La Vetta you will find the exclusive villas on the mountains.
If you want to taste the richness of these villas take a stay at Castello della Botta which is an excellent B&B in and old castle with fabouleus sights over the valley and with furniture from the 15 th century.
Mrs Donatella Donati and her husband are perfect hosts in this wonderfull environment.
- Pros:Worth a relaxing weekend
- Cons:the grandeur has gone from the old palaces
- In a nutshell:Drink (water) and relax
Joeplaboem's Related Pages
San Pellegrino Terme Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in San Pellegrino Terme
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San Pellegrino Terme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pellegrino Terme
Top 10 Pages
- Gent Intro, 71 reviews, 77 photos
- South Africa Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos
- Rome Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Mittenwald Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Milan Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- California Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Dublin Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- France Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue