"Fukuoka" Fukuoka by KevinMichael
Fukuoka Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 448 photos
I first "fell in love" with the country of Japan back in July/August of 1992.
Fresh out of school and having worked for numerous years for the YMCA,
the opportunity to go to Japan on an exchange program came up.
Of course, I was delighted. It was to be one of the most defining points in my life. The Nanakuma YMCA is one of 2 YMCAs in Fukuaoka city (the other being the Tenjin YMCA). Fukuoka city is the sister city of Oakland, California and likewise for many years the Oakland Metropolitan YMCA and Fukuoka shared a staff exchange program.
My first trip, my first Japanese city experience was July/August 1992.
I again went to Fukuoka in 1999.
Most recently, my wife and I traveled there to see some nearby areas (December 2010).
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Fukuoka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "trippingstonefree fukuoka"
- "Fukuoka, gateway to Kyushu"
- "Friendly Fukuoka"
- "Beautiful Fukuoka"
- "Japan's Little Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fukuoka
- Hotels in Fukuoka
- Transportation in Fukuoka
- Nightlife in Fukuoka
- Restaurants in Fukuoka
- Shopping in Fukuoka
- Warnings and Dangers in Fukuoka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fukuoka
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Fukuoka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fukuoka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 88 reviews, 211 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos