"Kameda" Kameda by KevinMichael
Kameda Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Kameda is one of Niigata's suburbs. It used to be a really muddy place. Because its a floodzone it was filled with rice fields that used to get flooded all the time. Most farmers had to use boats to grow the rice. And the water tended to come up to their necks.
Now a days, Kameda is much better off. It's famous for its rice crackers (having the biggest rice cracker company in Niigata Prefecture) and for growing plums to make ume-shu (plum wine).
One of our English schools (The Kameda LOFT) is here in Kameda and my friends and I play most of our baseball games here.
Kameda has been recently incorporated into expanded Niigata.
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Kameda
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kameda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kameda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 104 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Niigata-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos