"Palo Alto Stanford University" Palo Alto by KevinMichael
Palo Alto Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 256 photos
Boasting 8,180 acres, Stanford University is one of the largest in the U.S. and it's definately the biggest one I've ever been to.
It's also one of the most beautiful campuses that I've ever seen. I've gone here a few times to watch Berkeley play against Stanford. I'm more of a Berkeley fan but I also find there's a lot to like about Stanford.
Anyway, Go Bears. For those of you who don't know about the Stanford/Berkeley rivalry, don't wear blue and yellow (gold) clothing if you're going to visit Stanford. If you do, you'll definately get heckled at the least, especially if it's around the time of big game.
But you can fool everyone into thinking your Stanford friendly by wearing the Cardinal color red.
Don't say, "Go Bears." while you're at Stanford. That wouldn't be prudent.
This is the best place to take in the enormity of the university. Stanford gets a number of tourists, but the numbers aren't overwhelming. It's easy to spend a few hours here roaming around the campus.
I definately wouldn't want to fall from up here.
That's the kind of thought that pops into my head everytime I go up this high.
- Pros:Cool Campus
- Cons:They don't like the Bears (U.C. Berkeley is Stanford's rival).
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Palo Alto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palo Alto - Stanford University's hometown"
- "The Tall Tree"
- "Palo Alto, California, USA"
- "Upscale University Town"
- "Palo Alto - Home of Stanford University"
- "GOING TO PALO ALTO"
- "Palo Alto: Not Just Stanford's Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palo Alto
- Hotels in Palo Alto
- Transportation in Palo Alto
- Nightlife in Palo Alto
- Restaurants in Palo Alto
- Shopping in Palo Alto
- Warnings and Dangers in Palo Alto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palo Alto
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Palo Alto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palo Alto
Photos in Palo AltoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 88 reviews, 211 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
Latest Palo Alto hotel reviews
- Townhouse Inn Palo Alto
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Motel 6 Palo Alto
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 15, 2011
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
- 349 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Glass Slipper Inn
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Stanford Motor Inn Palo Alto
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 19, 2013
- Cowper Inn
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Cardinal Hotel
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Palo Alto Lodge
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Westin Palo Alto
- 362 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013