"Jamestown" Jamestown by KevinMichael
Jamestown Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
After driving for several hours (at 200 mph) from the Bay Area we came upon this wonderful little town. Jamestown, that is. I felt like I was in the country. The people working & living here have such interesting stories that I felt completely removed from the cities and partially removed from reality. We didn't just feel geographically removed, but culturally as well.
One waitress (working in a restaurant close to the Jamestown Hotel) told me her story of once coming out to California in hopes of becoming an actress. She did do some kind of actress work in the 80`s in Japan, but at some point she went home, came to California to further her acting career, bought a house with a swimming pool, and has been raising several kids ever since.
She was a little weird but nice... kind of something out of a Stephen King movie... so in a way, she kind of ended up like an actress. Come to think of it.. this town has a bit of a Stephen King strange town atmosphere... remember Pet Cemetary... we`ll it has that kind of feel about it.
My wife says, "People are a little different here." Twighlight Zone theme song playing in the background...
I think it is this that really makes Jamestown attractive. The overall weirdness is both erie and cool.
- Pros:Definate Twighlight Zone experience
- Cons:Definate Twighlight Zone experience
- In a nutshell:Metaphysically Reality in play
We were given a free breakfast for staying overnight at the Jamestown Hotel (B&B). Nice atmosphere and a nice American... more travel advice
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Jamestown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jimtown, Californy"
- "Jamestown, California's Gold Country"
- "Jamestown CA Gold Country"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jamestown
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jamestown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jamestown
Photos in JamestownSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 88 reviews, 211 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos