"Hayward" Hayward by KevinMichael
Hayward Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
For me, traveling to Hayward is a trip back home to see the folks.
Most recently, I brought along a number of students with me. For them it was there first time ever in California. It was nice being able to see my parents and at the same time go to Hayward then later, Yosemite with my students and some other family members.
There are differences in the Hayward lifestyle. The Hayward Hills maintain a nicer touch of better views and comfort.
From time to time, I miss this way of life that used to be the way it was for me. I especially miss hanging out in a hot tub with friends. So, I only get to do this when I go home. And trust me when I say it is similar to but way better than a Japanese onsen.
I graduated from Cal State University Hayward in December of 91. I lived in Hayward as a starving student for about 3 years. Hayward is only about 13 minutes from my hometown in Fremont but its an entirely different feeling.
I sometimes refer to those as my 'wild' days. My D-Chi friends know what I mean by that. But, I had some great times throwing the best college parties ever way back when. Our parties were packed and we were the envy of the school from the other male Greek clubs point of view... anyway. We had the perfect house for that kind of thing and plenty of parking. Now the house is gone... torn down by CalTrans I imagine. From what I gleam, those kind of parties are no longer possible at Cal State anymore.
I still have my parties today but they are way toned down.
Hayward offers a good view of the Bay Area both at night and during the day for those willing to drive up into its hills.
Downtown Hayward is not much to see but there are some quaint places to visit.
- Pros:Close to SF, Berkeley and San Jose
- Cons:Our Triangle X house is gone
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Hayward Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hayward, CA.....my self taught swimming days"
- "Hayward Regional Shoreline Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hayward
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hayward?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hayward
Photos in HaywardSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 88 reviews, 211 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos