"Castro Valley" Castro Valley by KevinMichael
Castro Valley Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 3 photos
The name of the city has nothing to do with Fidel Castro in Cuba. Actually, the name of the city comes from Don Castro who had been given the land that both Castro Valley and Hayward sit on today. Of course, this land originally `belonged` to somebody else (the Ohlone Indians). But, the Indians didn`t have the means to keep Europeans and others from taking over the lands that they had been living on. The Ohlones were devastated by indoctrination into the Mission system and by subsequent governments that followed after the Spanish period.
- Pros:It`s growing and getting better. More places to eat.
- Cons:Traffics bad during rush hour.
- In a nutshell:It`s better than it was 15 years ago.
I found the owners to be very helpful and the location was convently located close to the freeway, near 3 shopping areas... more travel advice
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Castro Valley Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Castro Valley
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Castro Valley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castro Valley
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 104 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Niigata-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos