"Gympie (old gold mining town)" Gympie by KevinMichael
Gympie Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 65 photos
On the way to a whole bunch of other places, there's this little quaint town of Gympie. According to one local I talked to, Gympie originally sprang up as a gold mining town and they even have a museum to commemorate it's history in this regard.
We decided to stay someplace for the night where a reservation wouldn't be required. And it ended up being Gympie.
When you're travelling, hotel stays can take a big chunk out of the wallet and one way to decrease your costs is to stay in a place that is somewhat outside the bigger tourist attractions. So we choose Gympie.
If you're looking for something more extravagant then you can usually find it closer to the main locations. But, we wanted to cut down on our costs a bit.
And then we found Gympie.
- Pros:a good enough reststop
KevinMichael's Related Pages
Gympie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heading North on the Bruce Highway to Gympie"
- "Sweetberry's Gympie Page"
- "Gympie - the name speaks for itself"
- "Gympie (old gold mining town)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gympie
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Gympie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gympie
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata Intro, 88 reviews, 211 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nagasaki Intro, 26 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Shasta Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ise Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos
Latest Gympie hotel reviews
- Best Western Great Eastern Motor Inn
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2013