"Plastic Fantastic!" Laguna Hills by bluefelt

Laguna Hills Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 26 photos

I (used to) live here. I lived here for 23 years. I recently left and I don't care to ever come back except to see my parents. It's a great place if you're a right-wing, conservative, SUV driving, mobile phone talking, bad driver with 5 children screaming in the back seat and an offensive bumper sticker on your car. It's very safe also, but there's something to be said for excitement. The Police pull you over and the next thing you know they're inviting their friends over to watch you get a ticket. It becomes an event. People here have no idea that there is a whole other world out there...a world without Prada or J.Crew, or breast implants and rhinoplasty. This place is so shallow you couldn't plant a willow tree in the ground. Like I said, if you've got kids and you want a safe school district for them, and you don't mind your children being ridiculed because they aren't blond, white or wealthy, then go for it. I say, live in IRVINE for all I care. Nonetheless, I'm 23 and I'm still alive, and I never felt scared walking up to my house at 3AM from a late night out. That says a lot. Although I did have my stereo stolen out of my car in front of my own house!

This is my friend since 1st grade, Meghan, who lives in Mission Viejo, a neighboring city. Mission Viejo wants to be Laguna Hills, but what happens there is once you graduate high school, if you graduate at all, you never leave Saddleback Community College. I love Saddleback, but I'm willing to bet there are students still there from when I went there. Mission Viejo is the quicksand of the young community around here...slowly sucking the momentum out of you until you just suck it up and get a job at Taco Bell. The corporate headquaters are in IRVINE, after all.

• Intro Written Aug 6, 2002

Comments

bluefelt

“What is essential is invisible to the eye.”

Badges & Stats in Laguna Hills

Have you been to Laguna Hills?

Latest Activity in Laguna Hills