"The Orkney Islands, a place to feel" Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney by shivan
Orkney Travel Guide: 236 reviews and 501 photos
The Orkney Islands should have been the most thrilling and interesting destination along my Scotland tour.
This was my hope, and it has been actually!
Nowhere else in Scotland I felt so strong and close the feeling of the ancient heritage, 8 thousand years of history, as I felt here.
- Pros:definitely to go
- Cons:not to go
- In a nutshell:A shrine of treasures to discover
I added this picture just to give some colour to what I'm saying. I have never been there, I repeat, but I think it is... more travel advice
I have not visited the island, but I read something about it. Its name, in ancient norse, means "high Island" because it... more travel advice
shivan's Related Pages
Orkney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Orkney - Sea, Sky, Fire, Stone .."
- "The Orkney Islands."
- "Old Cultures and wonderful nature"
- "The Orkney Islands, a place to feel"
- "Beautiful Orkney"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orkney
- Hotels in Orkney
- Transportation in Orkney
- Nightlife in Orkney
- Restaurants in Orkney
- Shopping in Orkney
- Warnings and Dangers in Orkney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orkney
- 48 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Orkney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orkney
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Beijing Intro, 54 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Kenya Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos