"Land of the Clans" Scotland by shivan
Scotland Travel Guide: 13,553 reviews and 31,530 photos
Back in Scotland this year.
The recent trend I'm following to return to places I have already visited continues in 2005 with Scotland. A place I particularly loved during my past visits.
I went to Scotland many times in the past years, almost always for work, and this left me a few time to spend for visiting the typical "off the beaten path" places I love so much. I dislike "regular" trips. I love to plan them by myself. Travel preparation is among the most funny part of being a traveller, according to me.
As for the USA page (shame to me, still incomplete!) I will build this page as a summary of my journey, adding link to the subpages dedicated to particular places.
There are, at the moment pages about:
Eilean Donan Castle
Isle of Skye
Old Man of Stoer
The Cape Wrath and the Smoo Cave
Inverness and Fort George
When I do something, I love to think I'm doing it at its best, and so this time I planned to go EVERYWHERE in Scotland. This was my target.
I missed it for just a few places, Outer Hebrides and Shetland Islands. Places that requested one more week to go and return, not considering the indecent price for the British Airways to fly to the Shetland, about 600 Euro for 1 hour flight, round trip.
You may say " BA again????" See my USA homepage for the tale of my 2004 tragedy with BA in USA
I decided to dedicate many many days of my journey to the vast deserted glens of the northern Scotland. I love to see large spaces, with nothing inside. I don't love to visit towns, even if sometimes I have to eat and sleep, and a town should be recommendable to do it...
The picture clearly shows what I mean with "large spaces with nothing inside".
- Pros:landscapes, history and most of all QUIETNESS
- Cons:a bit chilly
- In a nutshell:don't even think to miss it
The day after we left Inverness, next night planned at Aberdeen, quite a fair drive, bt leaving time enough to make two... more travel advice
Here is smoething that deserved a diversion. The Dunrobin Castle. It is the largest mansion in the Highlands with almost... more travel advice
shivan's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- "BONNIE SCOTLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 149 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Beijing Intro, 54 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Kenya Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos