"Land of the Clans" Scotland by shivan

Scotland Travel Guide: 12,672 reviews and 28,093 photos

Back in Scotland this year.
The recent trend I'm following to return to places I have already visited continues in 2005 with Scotland. A place I particularly loved during my past visits.
I went to Scotland many times in the past years, almost always for work, and this left me a few time to spend for visiting the typical "off the beaten path" places I love so much. I dislike "regular" trips. I love to plan them by myself. Travel preparation is among the most funny part of being a traveller, according to me.
As for the USA page (shame to me, still incomplete!) I will build this page as a summary of my journey, adding link to the subpages dedicated to particular places.
There are, at the moment pages about:
Loch Lomond
The Cape Wrath and the Smoo Cave
Orkney Islands
Inverness and Fort George

The tour

When I do something, I love to think I'm doing it at its best, and so this time I planned to go EVERYWHERE in Scotland. This was my target.
I missed it for just a few places, Outer Hebrides and Shetland Islands. Places that requested one more week to go and return, not considering the indecent price for the British Airways to fly to the Shetland, about 600 Euro for 1 hour flight, round trip.
You may say " BA again????" See my USA homepage for the tale of my 2004 tragedy with BA in USA

The northern Scotland

I decided to dedicate many many days of my journey to the vast deserted glens of the northern Scotland. I love to see large spaces, with nothing inside. I don't love to visit towns, even if sometimes I have to eat and sleep, and a town should be recommendable to do it...
The picture clearly shows what I mean with "large spaces with nothing inside".

• Pros:landscapes, history and most of all QUIETNESS
  • Cons:a bit chilly
  • In a nutshell:don't even think to miss it
  • Last visit to Scotland: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2005

shivan

“Living another, better day”

Badges & Stats in Scotland

Have you been to Scotland?

Latest Activity in Scotland