"Chicago, unforgettable" Chicago by shivan

Chicago Travel Guide: 5,908 reviews and 12,104 photos

I visited Chicago during a trip in the North America, that included also New York, Denver and Vancouver.

As usual it was a trip made for work (who has the money to travel so much for pleasure? I don't for sure!).
I spent one only day in Chicago arriving late at morning and leaving the day after.

It has been a misfortune because according to me Chicago is by far the best town in the USA among the ones I visited.
It is definitely lovely.
It is actually a big and important town, but if you wander in its streets, sometimes you feel as visiting a small peaceful village.
I visited Chicago in July, and walking in the afternoon with ideal weather and a soft breeze whistling around is definitely something special.
I cannot say what has hit me so deeply there, but it is the only town I'd really love to visit again, even if I will probably visit all of them again because I want to show USA to my wife.
I know that Chicago is out of the normal tourists tours, that are essentially three:

1) NY, Boston and Niagara falls
2) California Nevada Utah Arizona
3) New Orleans and the SouthEast in general

but, believe me, this place is definitely worth a visit.

A couple of these pics are not mine, I admit, because I had not time to take so many photographs, but words are most significant if accompanied by images.

• Intro Updated Jul 8, 2004

shivan

“Living another, better day”

Badges & Stats in Chicago

Have you been to Chicago?

Latest Activity in Chicago