"Prague, finally!" Prague by shivan

Prague Travel Guide: 11,888 reviews and 24,834 photos

I stumbled here, finally!
Three years after having married a genuine "praguese" girl, and being insulted by many friends here in Rome, I took my car and reached her in Prague after a long journey.
Everybody told me that Prague was so beautiful, that was a terrible mistake not to go there, especially with a skilled guide like the one I have.
I has been incredible to experience the enthusiasm many all the people who went there were expressing me while talking about this place. I have never seen it, except when people (including me, this time) talks about Iralend, the enchanted land of my dreams.

And so, on December 20th, I took my small var (actually my wife's) and departed for my longest car travel ever.
I love to travel by car. There is so much to see while driving. Highways are pleasant routes to follow, and your eyes and mind can wander around while driving in a quite pleasant way.
I crossed Italy from south to north, then I entered a white, snowy southern Austria, then the large valleys in southern Germany (Bavaria) and finally reached the Czech border.
There the troubles begun, but I'll give more details in the appropriate chapters.
Enjoy my Prague pages!

• Pros:This line is too short to tell everything
  • Cons:Definitely too cold in December for a poor italian
  • In a nutshell:A cradle of wonders, mysteries and history
  • Last visit to Prague: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 2, 2004

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Ciao! Ti mando tanti auguri di un buon anno 2008! Sono stata a Praga quest'anno e anch'io sono stata "delighted"!! E' bello tuo site... Cheers!

• stevehallam's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 5:40 AM

lovely picture - is that snow or frost? when was it taken.

• daryll's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 7:00 AM

fantastic picture-well done

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 11:01 AM

Very interesting page! Enjoyed your perspective on Prague.

• ta2to2a's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 1:06 PM

very nice page

• bct341's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 7:00 PM

nice Prague pages! I was just there this past winter so I know what you mean about walking around there in the cold....and snow but it is still a great city.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 1:15 PM

Great winter page on Prague, made with passion! Welcome to Krakow, Poland, then Vilnius, Lithuania...

• antiquated_tory's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 1:29 AM

The money changing tip reminded me of one of the favorite scams--selling Bulgarian lev as Czech crowns. You'd think the fact that Bulgarian uses Cyrillic while Czech uses a Latin-based script would be a bit of a clue, wouldn't you?

• Feb 13, 2005 at 3:23 AM

WOW, another one of the many places i hope to visit some day soon!!! Really awesome pages, love it!!!!!

• gregoryr1m's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 6:37 PM

Prague looks so beautiful in your pictures... it's one of those cities I dream of visiting one day. BTW, that's a great picture of you and your wife, the one titled, "Finally Me." Happy Birthday.

shivan

“Living another, better day”

Badges & Stats in Prague