"The Cape Wrath and the Smoo Cave" Top 5 Page for this destination Durness by shivan
Durness Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 115 photos
Oh well, I'm happy to see how small is the number of pages here in VT about the places I'm telling about.
This means that I really reached some "off the beaten path" places, and that was what I wanted to do actually.
This wonderful picture (I told it to myself!) is taken along the Kyle of Durness, with low tide, that we had to cross with a small boat to reach the Cape Wrath area. No other access exists.
- Pros:The most northwest point in UK archpelago
- Cons:hard to think at one
- In a nutshell:if you love to stay far far away, I cannot think to a more isolated point in western Europe
I saw nothing about that, if I remember, but it is said that signs of human existence in the area are visible inside the... more travel advice
At the entrance there was a polite girl who told us that a visit was possible under payment of three pounds. After... more travel advice
shivan's Related Pages
Durness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heading West To Durness"
- "Durness - Cape Wrath"
- "A Fantastic Disaster!!"
- "Out on the edge"
- "The Cape Wrath and the Smoo Cave"
- "sleepy village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durness
- Hotels in Durness
- Transportation in Durness
- Nightlife in Durness
- Restaurants in Durness
- Warnings and Dangers in Durness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durness
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Durness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durness
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Beijing Intro, 54 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Kenya Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos