"The Elgin Cathedral, more than expectable" Elgin by shivan
Elgin Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 197 photos
Along A69, on the road from Inverness to Aberdeen, on another grey day, we stumbled (not accidentally, to be honest) into Elgin. The guide book was telling that in Elgin there were the ruins of a Cathedral, spending not many words to sing its beauties.
While driving, we decided to spend some time visiting this unknown cathedral, since we had plenty of time to spend that day.
"Ok, let's visit this and not much more, today" we said. We were still tired after the big Orkney day and the long road to Inverness just the day before.
Expectations were low, but what a surprise!
Maybe because it was the first cathedral we encountered, or maybe because it was the first thing we saw that day, or just maybe it is absolutely outstanding, we enjoyed the visit sooo much!
- Cons:no one, even if accurately searching
- In a nutshell:the best things sometimes come unexpected
shivan's Related Pages
Elgin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a regular destination"
- "Excellent Elgin"
- "Lacking Marbles?"
- "Elgin Cathedral"
- "Elgin by default"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Elgin
- Hotels in Elgin
- Transportation in Elgin
- Restaurants in Elgin
- Shopping in Elgin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Elgin
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Elgin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Elgin
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Beijing Intro, 54 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Kenya Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos