"Kuala Lumpur, a wonderful surprise!" Kuala Lumpur by shivan

Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,112 reviews and 14,050 photos

I've been there for a week or so.

I must admit that Malaysia, and Kuala Lumpur is particular, has been a wonderful surprise to me.
I expected to visit a country still back in development but what I found is an highly developed place, far more than Bangkok, for example, an all-new city with services and state-of-the-art structures. Many contradictions are visible, anyway.

Those contradictions are typical of a country whose industry is growing faster than society itself, so you can see fantastic skyscrapers close to ancient and ruined structures such as open-air sewers, that I think they are going to disappear soon.

Not different than what I saw in China.

Malaysia is also a multiethnical country, because it has been historically a land of passage for europeans, arabs and natives. It is now an islamic country, a peaceful one, and signe of different cultures are clearly visible everywhere.

Just give Malaysia 10 years to develop and then you'll have a very advanced nation by the hands.

Please chack my Melaka page for more pics and infos.

• Last visit to Kuala Lumpur: Jun 1997
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2003

• eslim_81's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2006 at 12:01 PM

I hope you will come to Malaysia again and explore more places in my country. I would suggest some beautiful islands and national parks if you are nature-lover... Regards from Malaysia, Seng

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 2:37 PM

I like your nighttime shot of the towers, it looks very atmospheric!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2004 at 3:15 AM

You were there too, Lucky you!

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 1:05 AM

MASSIVE changes in KL since your last visit.. more tall buildings!! Merdeka - Sq - what is it in Italian which is so unpleasant...it simply means Independence sq becos it is here we were granted freedom from the British rule in 1957 Merdeka Square -

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2003 at 11:40 PM

When the bosses are away the mice will play!!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 7:22 AM

Kuala Lumpur is a great city. I just wish I had more time to spend there, as well as the rest of Malaysia.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 3:29 AM

Nice page!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2003 at 5:08 PM

The Petronas Towers are amazing aren't they. Pity the restaurant didn't stop still for your picture:-)) but a great view. Seems they have cleaned up the city a lot since I was there.

• mlt_t's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2002 at 2:20 AM

great page! how are U?

• pballarin's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2002 at 12:39 AM

great pages!

shivan

“Living another, better day”

Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?