"Kuala Lumpur, a wonderful surprise!" Kuala Lumpur by shivan
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,004 reviews and 13,551 photos
I've been there for a week or so.
I must admit that Malaysia, and Kuala Lumpur is particular, has been a wonderful surprise to me.
I expected to visit a country still back in development but what I found is an highly developed place, far more than Bangkok, for example, an all-new city with services and state-of-the-art structures. Many contradictions are visible, anyway.
Those contradictions are typical of a country whose industry is growing faster than society itself, so you can see fantastic skyscrapers close to ancient and ruined structures such as open-air sewers, that I think they are going to disappear soon.
Not different than what I saw in China.
Malaysia is also a multiethnical country, because it has been historically a land of passage for europeans, arabs and natives. It is now an islamic country, a peaceful one, and signe of different cultures are clearly visible everywhere.
Just give Malaysia 10 years to develop and then you'll have a very advanced nation by the hands.
Please chack my Melaka page for more pics and infos.
The Petronas Towers: The highest twin towers in the world, now.... This photo is taken at night from the 'belvedere... more travel advice
The main square of Kuala Lumpur, called Merdeka Square (not a nice name in italian) is dominated by a large cricket... more travel advice
shivan's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Uploaded a Photo to "The tall tower"
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "Kuala Lumpur, a wonderful surprise!"
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: Re: Alternative to Termini..."
- Wrote a Review The Petronas Towers: The... about Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur Things to Do
- Commented on one of Guantanamera's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 54 reviews, 55 photos
- Beijing Intro, 54 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orkney Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 41 reviews, 42 photos
- Kenya Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- United States of America Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos