"Welcome to HANNOVER" Hannover by Leipzig
Hannover Travel Guide: 659 reviews and 2,124 photos
Hannover, situated on the Leine River, was chartered in 1241 and had not played a big role until 1386 when the city joined the Hanseatic League. In 17th century the town became residence of the British royal family. Hannover was badly damaged in World War II and many modern structures were erected next to several old reconstructed buildings.
Today, Hannover has 520,000 inhabitants, is capital of Lower Saxony and an important economic centre - is annual industrial trade fair is world's largest trade fair.
To be honest, before I visited Hannover in order to attend the VT meeting, I was quite sceptic about this town. I was told that the town does not have much to offer. Being there I had the honor to be guided through the city by some locals (VT member nepalgoods and her partner) and was totally surprised that there are a lot of nice corners.
Nice and helpful website:http://www.stadtrundgang.hannover.de/index.html
The Christmas Market in Hannover is located in the streets and market squares in the centre. Here you find wodden toy,... more travel advice
After a cold night a very thin ice layer covered a pond in front of the town hall. Ducks were sitting on the ice and... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Hannover Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hannover"
- "Opera and cycling in Hannover"
- "Capital of Lower Saxony"
- "Business Trip, Hannover Industry Fair 06/07/08/09"
- "Alive and Vibrant Hannover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hannover
- Hotels in Hannover
- Transportation in Hannover
- Nightlife in Hannover
- Restaurants in Hannover
- Shopping in Hannover
- Warnings and Dangers in Hannover
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hannover
- 33 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Hannover?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hannover
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue