"Welcome to PORTUGAL" Portugal by Leipzig
Portugal Travel Guide: 19,707 reviews and 55,826 photos
POPULATION DENSITY: 109.0 per sq km
SIZE: 92,391 sq km (35,672 sq mi).
ADJACENT COUNTRY: Spain
HIGHEST POINT: Ponta do Pico (Azores) 2,351 m (7,713 ft)
arable land: 26%
permanent crops: 9%
permanent pastures: 9%
forests and woodland: 36%
SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT: parliamentary democracy, member of the EU
HEAD OF STATE: President Jorge Sampaio since 1996
HEAD OF GOVERNMENT: Prime Minister Antonio Manuel de Oliviera Gueterres since 1995
MONEY: The unit is the Euro. Symbol of the Euro is €.
18 DISTRICS: Aveiro, Beja, Braga, Braganca, Castelo Branco, Coimbra, Evora, Faro, Guarda, Leiria, Lisboa, Portalegre, Porto, Santarem, Setubal, Viana do Castelo, Vila Real, Viseu + 2 AUTONOMOUS REGIONS: Acores, Madeira
LANGUAGE: Portuguese. English and German are widely spoken in the south and the big towns.
NATIONAL HOLIDAY: Portugal Day, June 10
TIMETABLES: Portuguese timetables use the 24-hour system.
TELEPHONE: National and international calls can be made from coin- or card-operated telephone booths.
POST: Stamps are available from hotels, at stationer's shops and post offices.
TELEGRAM: can be sent from all post offices.
NATURAL HAZARDS: Severe earthquakes (Azores)
EMERGENCY NUMBER: Emergency 112, Forestfires 117
The Natural Reserve of Ria Formosa, Algarve, occupies a surface from 18400 ha out of 60 km from coast. It is an area... more travel advice
I found this postcard in a stationery store in Faro. Heaven is: where the police are British, the cooks Portuguese,... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Portugal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portugal in my heart"
- "Portugal my lovely country"
- "Wonderful Portugal"
- "Portugal by Car"
- "Portugal - Country of Batles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portugal
- Hotels in Portugal
- Transportation in Portugal
- Nightlife in Portugal
- Restaurants in Portugal
- Shopping in Portugal
- Warnings and Dangers in Portugal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portugal
- 85 Reviews
- 174 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Portugal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portugal
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Portugal hotels
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Lisbon Hotels
- 5164 Reviews - 12708 Photos
- Funchal Hotels
- 509 Reviews - 1057 Photos
- Cascais Hotels
- 450 Reviews - 2297 Photos
- Alvor Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 373 Photos
- Porto Hotels
- 1031 Reviews - 2657 Photos
- Quarteira Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Estoril Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 351 Photos
- Faro Hotels
- 231 Reviews - 766 Photos
- Sintra Hotels
- 534 Reviews - 2143 Photos
- Fátima Hotels
- 87 Reviews - 184 Photos
- Praia da Rocha Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 70 Photos
- Lagos Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 624 Photos
- Évora Hotels
- 394 Reviews - 1380 Photos
- Ponta Delgada Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 325 Photos