"Welcome to KOBLENZ" Koblenz by Leipzig

Koblenz Travel Guide: 345 reviews and 824 photos

We travelled from Frankfurt to Koblenz with the intension to spend the most German day (Day of Reunification, Oct 3) on the most German place (Deutsches Eck).

Koblenz is situated at the confluence of the rivers Moselle and Rhine. The Romans founded here a castle around 10 B.C. Franks expeled the Romans in the 5th century. During the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648), French and Swedish troops occupied and destroyed most parts of the city. The French army entered Koblenz in 1794 and it became part of France according to the Peace Treaty of Lunéville. After the Congress of Vienna in 1815, Koblenz became part of Prussia. During World War II, Koblenz suffered a lot from Allied bombing. In 1947 it became capital of the state of Rheinland-Pfalz (Rhineland-Palatinate) but lost this function in 1950. Today Mainz is the state's capital.

• Last visit to Koblenz: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2003

• Jun 23, 2005 at 9:43 AM

Lovely page Christian!! Thanks! I will be here next week and I just can't wait to see this beautiful part of Germany for myself! :))

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2004 at 4:31 PM

Went to Koblenz on a school trip many, many years ago - would be nice to go back one day - great page, thank you.

• jackfruit's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2004 at 3:20 AM

Wonderful page - A Rhine cruise is something I have always wanted to do - well, someday I guess! Thanks for all the great info here!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 7:18 AM

Great page Christian! It's been long long ago that I've been in Koblenz, but this page brings back some of those memories! Thanks :-))

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2004 at 11:40 AM

Lovely Loreley!!! Very special page! Thanks!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2004 at 12:12 PM

It's amazing that the Deutscher Kaiser survived the bombing too! I love old bridges like the one in Koblenz! It's also amazing that it survived the war too!!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2004 at 10:33 AM

Nice job, my friend.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 4:30 AM

Nice impressions of Koblenz. I like the opening collage - must be nice to enjoy some wine while cruising the Rhine river!!!!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 4:05 AM

Great page, as usual. I am also surprised you enjoyed wine instead of beer :-) Did you know that the Chinese city Wuhan will get a "Chinese corner", modelled after the "German corner" of Koblenz?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 7:02 AM

Impressive, rebuilt German Emperor Wilhelm I monument! I hope to go there to see German corner and taste local wines :-)

Leipzig

“Everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it”

Badges & Stats in Koblenz

Have you been to Koblenz?

Latest Activity in Koblenz