"Welcome to KOBLENZ" Koblenz by Leipzig
Koblenz Travel Guide: 421 reviews and 1,158 photos
We travelled from Frankfurt to Koblenz with the intension to spend the most German day (Day of Reunification, Oct 3) on the most German place (Deutsches Eck).
Koblenz is situated at the confluence of the rivers Moselle and Rhine. The Romans founded here a castle around 10 B.C. Franks expeled the Romans in the 5th century. During the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648), French and Swedish troops occupied and destroyed most parts of the city. The French army entered Koblenz in 1794 and it became part of France according to the Peace Treaty of Lunéville. After the Congress of Vienna in 1815, Koblenz became part of Prussia. During World War II, Koblenz suffered a lot from Allied bombing. In 1947 it became capital of the state of Rheinland-Pfalz (Rhineland-Palatinate) but lost this function in 1950. Today Mainz is the state's capital.
Don't miss the view from the fortress down to the city of Koblenz. The river in the foreground flowing from south to... more travel advice
This building has been the town hall since 1895. Before 1895 it was part of the monastery of the Order of Jesuits. The... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Koblenz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Rhine and Moselle meet – and also VTers!"
- "Castellum apud confluentes"
- "Koblenz, like my 2nd home"
- "Opera in Koblenz"
- "Where two great rivers meet - Koblenz"
- "koblenz germany"
- "Koblenz, Coblenz, Confluentia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Koblenz
- Hotels in Koblenz
- Transportation in Koblenz
- Nightlife in Koblenz
- Restaurants in Koblenz
- Shopping in Koblenz
- Warnings and Dangers in Koblenz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Koblenz
- 14 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Koblenz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koblenz
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue