"Welcome to LISBON" Lisbon by Leipzig
Lisbon Travel Guide: 5,334 reviews and 13,185 photos
Lisbon has been the capital of Portugal since 13th century. It has today around 600,000 inhabitants - together with "Greater Lisbon" two million people. The name comes from the word "Olissipo", which has its origins in the Phoenician words "Allis Ubbo", meaning "enchanting port" - suitable name in my eyes. The city centre was almost completely destroyed by the great earthquake of 1755. Nevertheless, the city has grown progressively and in 1998 the Expo took place here.
Fado is a world wide known symbol of Portugal. This is the spirit of Fado, the expression of a collective soul, made of... more travel advice
When I was in Lisbon the EXPO took place here. We were on a guided tour and didn't have enough time to visit the whole... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "Ahh, LISBON....Esta tao bonita como sempre."
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa, probably the most beautiful city there is"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 10 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue