"Welcome to OSLO" Oslo by Leipzig
Oslo Travel Guide: 2,970 reviews and 7,210 photos
The city is located on the coast at the head of Oslofjord, in the southeast part of Norway. Founded about year 1000. The city was destroyed by fire in 1624. From 1624 to 1924 the city was known as Kristiania in honour of King Christian IV of Denmark who initiated the rebuilding. (Norway became independent in 1905, after having been in union with first Denmark, then Sweden from 1814.) The oldest part of the city, still existing, is found close to Akershus Castle. Ruins of the original city is found further east.
Today, there are only 450,000 people living in Oslo.
The Oslo City Hall was built in 1915 by the former mayor of Oslo, Hieronymus Heyerdais. Located on the waterfront,... more travel advice
From Aker Brygge you have a great view on the harbour. It was a great experience walking along the harbour watching the... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "Hilde's tourist/expat guide"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Winter Weekend in Oslo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue