"Welcome to the ALSACE (ELSASS)" Alsace by Leipzig
Alsace Travel Guide: 1,981 reviews and 6,269 photos
Several civilizations left a footprint in the Alsace region. After the Celts came the Romans, the Alemanni and the Franks. The history of this region is as interesting as almost no other. After the Franco-Prussian War of 1870/71 the Alsace was annexed by Germany and the government tried to "Germanize" it. In the "Treaty of Versailles" of 1919 France got the Alsace back. Still today you see this region as gateway between France and German culture.
Haguenau is the fourth largest town in Alsace. Here you find a great shopping mile in the centre with a lot of tiny... more travel advice
This little place still has the charm of a 17th century village and has a very interesting history. It was birthplace... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Alsace Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sometimes overlooked beautiful corner of France"
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS - MARCHES DE NOEL."
- "Alsace - beautiful scenery, full of history"
- "Hartmannsweilerkopf / Vieil Armand"
- "the storks are back!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alsace
- Hotels in Alsace
- Transportation in Alsace
- Nightlife in Alsace
- Restaurants in Alsace
- Shopping in Alsace
- Warnings and Dangers in Alsace
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alsace
- 31 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Alsace?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alsace
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue