"Welcome to GÄVLE" Top 5 Page for this destination Gävle by Leipzig
Gävle Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 91 photos
Gävle has a population of about 90,000 people and is Sweden's 15th largest city. It is located on the Baltic Sea coast. The university town has a great cultural and outdoor life. Gävle received its city charter by King Kristoffer of Bayern in 1446 and is therefore the oldest town in Norrland.
On the trip around the Baltic Sea we arrived Gävle on the 22nd day early in the morning. It was one of the rare sunny days. After a short sightseeingtour we had a breakfast in a cozy café. We were quite surprised that we were almost the only people in town. Perhaps the locals were all at work.
Due to a redevelopment plan of the municipal government the centre of Gävle was started to reconstruct during the... more travel advice
My first though when I saw this building was that this could be a castle. Later I found out that this is just a fire... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Gävle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Railways and rams"
- "Gävle – small town in big costume"
- "come to see lovely Gamla Gefle - and the rest!"
- "Welcome to GÄVLE"
- "Nobbe's new Gävle page"
- "Gävle, the way I want you to see it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gävle
- Hotels in Gävle
- Transportation in Gävle
- Nightlife in Gävle
- Restaurants in Gävle
- Shopping in Gävle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gävle
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Gävle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gävle
Photos in GävleSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue