"Welcome to JOKKMOKK" Top 5 Page for this destination Jokkmokk by Leipzig

Jokkmokk Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 128 photos

Jokkmokk is located a few miles north of the Arctic Circle. The region is dominated by large mountains and vast forests. The UNESCO nominated some parts of the region to earth's World Heritage sites.
I decided to visit this town to see how it is located as I know it from several weather reports describing occasionally Jokkmokk as the coldest town of Europe in winter.

• Last visit to Jokkmokk: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2003

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2011 at 7:58 AM

hi, I read your page a few years ago before I made my own trip up to Jokkmokk - for some reason I mustve not left a comment here - was an excellent trip up to the Swedish Arctic!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Go to the Sami market in winter :) And the Sami museum...I'm planning to go soon as the north is fantastic any time of year.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 9:45 AM

Nice to see that Arctic Circle marked haha.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 3:58 AM

nice little page, Christian! Just the name of the place is worth a visit!!! I like it!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 12:28 AM

cool .......never heart of the place, but that doesn't mean anything ^..^ and after I read about the temp. I think I skip that one

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2003 at 4:55 PM

an interesting page, Christian !

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2003 at 6:44 AM

Those are some COLD average temperatures. I think I'll skip this place in the winter!!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2003 at 4:03 AM

I think I've seen those white stones on a map!! haha I hope those weren't Santas reindeer laying there in the street!! Looks like a wonderful trip ...way up north!

Leipzig

“Everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it”

Badges & Stats in Jokkmokk

Have you been to Jokkmokk?

Latest Activity in Jokkmokk