"Welcome to ALTENBURG" Altenburg by Leipzig
Altenburg Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 113 photos
Altenburg is situated 45 km (28 mi) south of Leipzig and is well-known as Skat-City. It was first mentioned in 976 and became capital of the duchy Saxony-Altenburg in 1603. After World War One it became part of the state of Thuringia.
In Altenburg playing cards have been manufactured for over 400 years and since 1927 the Skat Court has its headquarter in Altenburg and judges in disputes referring to the game.
- In a nutshell:Altenburg is an insider tip for tourists - great castle and nice old buildings in the centre
The Airport Leipzig/Altenburg is about 35km south of Leipzig. There is a direct bus connection between the airport, the... more travel advice
From Leipzig take federal road 2 / 95 and change to federal road 93 in Borna. From autobahn A4 take exit Meerane... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Altenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Opera in Altenburg"
- "A short (but well timed)visit to Altenburg"
- "Welcome to ALTENBURG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Altenburg
- Hotels in Altenburg
- Transportation in Altenburg
- Nightlife in Altenburg
- Restaurants in Altenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altenburg
- 13 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Altenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altenburg
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue