"Welcome to ZITTAU" Zittau by Leipzig
Zittau Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 216 photos
Zittau is located near the confluence of the Mandau and the Neisse, close to the Czech and Poland frontier, and marks together with Görlitz Germany's easternmost point. The town houses a lot of educational institutions like the University Görlitz-Zittau where my brother studies. That's why I visit this town quite frequently.
The town is surrounded by vast forests (Zittauer Gebirge) spotted with nice castles. From a higher building, like the chruch of St. John, you have a great panoramic view and get a look on one of the main income sectors - lignite mining.
I usually come from Autobahn 4 from Dresden and leave at exit 90 (Weißwasser) - do not take exit 89 (Hoyerswerda) as... more travel advice
The Minster of Zittau was started to build 16 years after the foundation of the Franciscan Abbey in 1244. In 1554 the... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Zittau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zittau - the "Wealthy""
- "Zittau deserves to be better known"
- "Welcome to Zittau"
- "Casting a Spell: Zittau"
- "Welcome to ZITTAU"
- "ZITTAU AND BERTSDORF"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zittau
- Hotels in Zittau
- Transportation in Zittau
- Restaurants in Zittau
- Warnings and Dangers in Zittau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zittau
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Zittau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zittau
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue