"Welcome to BERLIN" Land Berlin by Leipzig
Land Berlin Travel Guide: 7,029 reviews and 15,802 photos
Berlin is Germany’s capital, seat of government and largest city. It’s also one of the 16 federal states. Although the Wall came down in 1989 there is a stark contrast between the two parts of the city, partly due to economic contrasts between East and West. The east contains the densely populated working class quarters of Mitte, Pankow, Prenzlauer Berg and Friedrichshain. West Berlin also had its poorer areas like Wedding, Neukölln and Kreuzberg. In comparison, the green and leafy areas of Charlottenburg and Zehlendorf have a more affluent atmosphere. While the western part looks more like a modern west-europen city the eastern half probably gives a more accurate image of what Berlin was like in the 1920s and 30s. Alexanderplatz, was one of the main centres of 1920s Berlin as well as of post-war East Berlin, is today dominated by the Television Tower. Unter den Linden, which Frederick the Great saw as the centrepiece of his royal capital and which changed from one of the premier thoroughfares of the old unified city to the showpiece of the GDR. Restored monumental buildings, and diplomatic missions to the former GDR capital now line it. At its western end, the Brandenburg Gate , the symbol of European division. Now it is again accessible from both East and West. Berlin is also the city of Museums. In East Berlin can be found the Museumsinsel. The most famous museums in Berlin are the Pergamon Museum and the Ägyptisches Museum. The symbol of Berlins reunification is Potsdamerplatz, a high tech city quarter.
Leipzig's Related Pages
Land Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most efficient city in Europe!"
- "Europe´s lively city."
- "Berlin - My Home Town"
- "Welcome to BERLIN"
- "Berlin: A ugly beauty"
- "Berlin is a land of Germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Berlin
- Hotels in Land Berlin
- Transportation in Land Berlin
- Nightlife in Land Berlin
- Restaurants in Land Berlin
- Shopping in Land Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Berlin
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Land Berlin
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Land Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Berlin
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue