"EUROPE - the old World" Europe by Leipzig
Europe Travel Guide: 701,091 reviews and 1,885,007 photos
When I was younger, before the Wall came down, I travelled with my family to the regions in the so-called East European countries. After 1989 I flew together with my partents for summer holidays into Europe's south. Today I do not want to lie two weeks on a single beach making the sun buring my skin. I prefer to visit places with great architecture and culture. As I am a student I can not afford flights to exotic places.
Everytime I have saved a little money I jump in my car and drive around. I don't regret this. Europe has much to offer and I am happy to live on a continent with such a long history and culture. I hope to see all 44 European countries - so far I visited 22 of them.
On my Must-See-Tips I introduce you to regions I have been so far. Under General Tips I indexed several castles, palaces and royal residences I have seen so far. There must be a million castles in Europe. It's a lifetime job to visit all.
LOCATION: The Continent of Europe being the Western part of the Euro-Asian landmass, is bounded by the North Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, the Caucasus Mountains and Sea of Mamara to the Southeast, the Ural mountains to the east and the Arctic Ocean and icecap to the north.
POPULATION: 731,730,000 (446,600,000 in the EU)
AREA: 9,938,000 sq km (3,837,000 sq miles) (6th largest continent - 6,7% of Earth's land)
COUNTRIES: 44 (25 in the EU)
HIGHEST POINT: Mt. Elbrus at 5,633m (18,481 ft)
LOWEST POINT: the surface of the Caspian Sea, 28 m (92 ft) below sea level
CAPITAL CITIES: please see graphics to the right
I was in Hungary in the mid 1980s together with my grandparents. We spend a fortnight at the Lake Balaton and visited... more travel advice
Jönköping is located at the southern shore of the Lake Vättern. You will find a lot of students in this town. Being... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 2,528 Reviews
- 4,263 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 147 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue