"EUROPE - the old World" Europe by Leipzig
Europe Travel Guide: 676,036 reviews and 1,786,752 photos
When I was younger, before the Wall came down, I travelled with my family to the regions in the so-called East European countries. After 1989 I flew together with my partents for summer holidays into Europe's south. Today I do not want to lie two weeks on a single beach making the sun buring my skin. I prefer to visit places with great architecture and culture. As I am a student I can not afford flights to exotic places.
Everytime I have saved a little money I jump in my car and drive around. I don't regret this. Europe has much to offer and I am happy to live on a continent with such a long history and culture. I hope to see all 44 European countries - so far I visited 22 of them.
On my Must-See-Tips I introduce you to regions I have been so far. Under General Tips I indexed several castles, palaces and royal residences I have seen so far. There must be a million castles in Europe. It's a lifetime job to visit all.
LOCATION: The Continent of Europe being the Western part of the Euro-Asian landmass, is bounded by the North Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, the Caucasus Mountains and Sea of Mamara to the Southeast, the Ural mountains to the east and the Arctic Ocean and icecap to the north.
POPULATION: 731,730,000 (446,600,000 in the EU)
AREA: 9,938,000 sq km (3,837,000 sq miles) (6th largest continent - 6,7% of Earth's land)
COUNTRIES: 44 (25 in the EU)
HIGHEST POINT: Mt. Elbrus at 5,633m (18,481 ft)
LOWEST POINT: the surface of the Caspian Sea, 28 m (92 ft) below sea level
CAPITAL CITIES: please see graphics to the right
I was in Hungary in the mid 1980s together with my grandparents. We spend a fortnight at the Lake Balaton and visited... more travel advice
Jönköping is located at the southern shore of the Lake Vättern. You will find a lot of students in this town. Being... more travel advice
Leipzig's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 2,528 Reviews
- 4,263 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 147 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
Top 10 Pages
- Leipzig Intro, 113 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 60 reviews, 163 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 84 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 50 reviews, 121 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 31 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 47 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 48 reviews, 74 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 40 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Europe hotels
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10043 Reviews - 20825 Photos
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9442 Reviews - 21470 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8137 Reviews - 21375 Photos
- Prague Hotels
- 11426 Reviews - 23093 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 439 Reviews - 762 Photos
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5082 Reviews - 11268 Photos
- Palma de Mallorca Hotels
- 733 Reviews - 1874 Photos
- Milan Hotels
- 2765 Reviews - 6827 Photos
- Dublin Hotels
- 5063 Reviews - 9245 Photos
- Vienna Hotels
- 7174 Reviews - 17491 Photos
- Budapest Hotels
- 7462 Reviews - 17305 Photos