"EUROPE - the old World" Europe by Leipzig

Europe Travel Guide: 699,752 reviews and 1,879,396 photos

When I was younger, before the Wall came down, I travelled with my family to the regions in the so-called East European countries. After 1989 I flew together with my partents for summer holidays into Europe's south. Today I do not want to lie two weeks on a single beach making the sun buring my skin. I prefer to visit places with great architecture and culture. As I am a student I can not afford flights to exotic places.
Everytime I have saved a little money I jump in my car and drive around. I don't regret this. Europe has much to offer and I am happy to live on a continent with such a long history and culture. I hope to see all 44 European countries - so far I visited 22 of them.
On my Must-See-Tips I introduce you to regions I have been so far. Under General Tips I indexed several castles, palaces and royal residences I have seen so far. There must be a million castles in Europe. It's a lifetime job to visit all.

LOCATION: The Continent of Europe being the Western part of the Euro-Asian landmass, is bounded by the North Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, the Caucasus Mountains and Sea of Mamara to the Southeast, the Ural mountains to the east and the Arctic Ocean and icecap to the north.

POPULATION: 731,730,000 (446,600,000 in the EU)

AREA: 9,938,000 sq km (3,837,000 sq miles) (6th largest continent - 6,7% of Earth's land)

COUNTRIES: 44 (25 in the EU)

HIGHEST POINT: Mt. Elbrus at 5,633m (18,481 ft)

LOWEST POINT: the surface of the Caspian Sea, 28 m (92 ft) below sea level

CAPITAL CITIES: please see graphics to the right

• Intro Updated Feb 23, 2005

• Maria16's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2011 at 8:38 AM

du kommst ja viel rum! Ich bin nun auch endlich mal in Bulgarien gewesen. Markus seine Eltern habe etwas zugegeben. Wann bist Du denn wieder aus Amerika zurück ?

• Fesl's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM

viele interessante tips und herrliche Fotos !

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2010 at 10:07 PM

You have put so much of your heart and soul into these pages, Christian. Thank you, well done!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 12:22 PM

All those beautiful castles! This is certainly the most informative page on Europe at VT! When I see your tips and beautiful pics, I feel proud of living in this wonderful Europe! Thank you, Chrisi!

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2005 at 1:47 AM

Hi! I liked your travelogue about trip around Baltic Sea!! Looks you had a nice time:)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 1:45 PM

sweet jesus, from here, looking at Europe, through your page Chris.......how beautiful it is and what a presentation, bin ganz hin und weg!!..today I was in the mood to come back and have an other peek

• athenian80's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 2:23 PM

How nicely made page! I like especially the collages of photos. You missed one part of Europe: Greece !

• J.I.M's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2005 at 9:34 PM

Excellent pages on Europe, very informative and I LOVE your photo montages. Thanks! Jim

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 1:50 AM

Outstanding synopsis of Europe Christian. You put a lot of hard work here. Well done, tremndous work! I'll be back for Gen Tips - ran out of time :-)!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 4:10 AM

Fantastic update, Christian!!! You sure put a lot of work into these pages! Thanks a lot!!!!

Leipzig

“Everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it”

Badges & Stats in Europe