"Welcome to my little world of travelling" Leipzig's Profile

Hi and thanks for dropping by! First of all, let me introduce myself. My name's Christian. I am working for the German Federal Environment Agency, being responsible for the German emission situation.
I love to make new friendships, and I also like to travel. I would like to learn more about different cultures, traditions and people. My dream is to visit all European countries.
I love travelling and go away as often as possible. I love my homecountry and try to explore it about once a mounth. I am proud to have seen all federal states.
In my pages you will find information and photos about places I have been. I am a fan of architecture that's why you will find a lot of information of buildings and monuments. My real intention is to show you the beauty of Germany, primarily my hometown Leipzig. I hope my pages inspire you to travel! If I miss anything or you want to come to Leipzig and need more information, do not hesitate to e-mail any questions - I will respond as soon as possible!

And if you ever come to Leipzig we shall have a beer together, or two or three or ...

Happy Travels!

Christian

"Give way to airplanes !"

I'm back from a trip to Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. In Bregenz (A) I took this snapshot. What would you do when you come across such a sign?

Notes about my pages

I am a big fan of architecture. I estimate 90% of my photos show a building or a monument. My tips describe usually the building shown in the image.

I do not write extended travel experiences because of two reasons. First, I usually travel alone and second, I do not have a sufficient vocabulary to write it in an exciting and interesting way.

When I read VT pages I am mainly looking for "facts" about places - when was a building erected, who lived there and so on. And that's exactly you will find on my pages. But that does not mean I do not like to read a good travel story.

In the past time it has become popular to build monster pages (>50 tips). I think it is okay to build such a huge page for your hometown or even the places you really know the ropes. As you can see on my pages you can have a lot of top5 pages despite of a moderate amount of tips. When I read a page I just want to have a first impression not a whole sightseeing tour.

As I already said, my English is not as good as that of many others here on VT. Please be patient and in case of finding errors in my texts I'd feel delighted to receive the correct version from you. Thank you in advance!

I try to answer all e-mails but sometimes I get piles upon piles and I simply can not cope! Please be patient. And I won't reply or forward chain letters!

I do not have that time I need to publish everything immediately. So you'll find on some pages one pic only. Please do not rate that page as "Not so helpful". Just mail me if you need info on this place

Four years on VT

End of September 2005 I have been on VT for four years. Time to summarize.
As you may noticed I have not been online as often as I used to all years before. One reason is the nearing end of my study. Another reason was a Monday in spring when I logged in and got almost a shock. The day before I had had amlost 120 top5 pages and a top ten rank. I logged in that Monday and my rank had dropped to 450 and only 30 top 5 icons were left. Do not know what happened but some of my friends experienced the same. Since then I haven't had a good mind to creating tips.

Members I have met so far:

(in alphabetical order)

VT-name / real name / location

B1bob , Nat, Richmond, USA
Bernd_L , Bernd, Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, D
Bhorton , Ben, Eugene, USA
Biophysics , Karthik, Madras, IND
Chancay , Holger, Hannover, D (2x)
Cloghane , Irmela, Hannover, D
Danny40 , Danny, Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
EikDD , Eik, Dresden, D(oo)
German_Eagle , Ingo, Dresden, D (5x)
Gili_S , Gil, Helsinki, FIN
Gipper84 , Lee, Mechanicsville, USA
IceBear7 , Stefanie, Duesseldorf, D
Jinwenwang , Vivian, Shanghai, RC
Kai112DE , Kai, Duesseldorf, D
KaiM , Kai, Hamburg, D
Knutt , Eva, Bochum, D
Madschick , Heinz, Karlsruhe, D (4x)
Maria16 , Maria, Leipzig, D (5x)
Matcrazy0, Urszula, Tychy, PL
Matcrazy1, Maciek, Tychy, PL
Nemorino , Don, Frankfurt, D
Nepalgoods , Ulrike, Hamburg, D (4x)
OliS , Oli, Frankfurt/Main, D (oo)
Petpaho , Petra, Karlsruhe, D
Phasade , Drew, Seattle, USA
Purzelbaum , Ben, Freiberg, D
Sabsi , Sabine, Duesseldorf, D
Sansi , Susanne, Hasenmoor, D
Sympathisant , Mischka, Eisenhuettenstadt, D
Tessy , Teresa, Mannheim, D
Tini58de , Christine, Karlsruhe, D (4x)
TinyTuck , Stefanie, Aachen, D
Trillian2005 , Gaby, Karlsruhe, D
Yurievich, Nikolai, Helsinki, FIN (2x)
Zschachwitz, Keith, Kent, GB

Read more about these meetings on my meetings travelogue below.

• Intro Updated Jun 29, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Leipzig's Profile Photo

Leipzig

“Everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it”

Real Name