"FREIBURG, GERMANY" Freiburg by thinking
Freiburg Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
Freiburg is the gateway to the southern Black Forest and a centre of wine-growing and the arts.
This and the cheery Alemannic character of the locals are a lively mixture, giving the city a very attractive atmosphere. Some of the more notable sights include the vineyards on the slopes of Mount Kaiserstuhl, Freiburg's famous cathedral, the unique brooks running through the streets of the Old Town in open channels decorated with Rhine pebble mosaics - and the wild, romantic landscape of the Höllental valley just outside the city.
Freiburg is Germany's biggest wine town with three wine-growing districts to explore - the Markgräflerland, Breisgau and the Kaiserstuhl.
Excellent photo presentation of Freiburg
Many people find Freiburg worth a visit because of the numerous historical buildings from the Middle Ages.
See all the buildings at
- Pros:This was a great surprise & well worth the visit
- In a nutshell:A wonderful experience!
thinking's Related Pages
Freiburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spring Water never runs out"
- "FREIBURG, GERMANY"
- "Freiburg, Germany * The Black Forest Area"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Freiburg
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Freiburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Freiburg
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 121 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 136 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lugano Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 47 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Menton Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 33 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 43 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gorbio Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Nice Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues