"Hawaii: (see my Honolulu pages for tips)" Hawaii (State of) by thinking

Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide: 10,603 reviews and 27,502 photos

HAWAII: CHANGES IN PARADISE

I love Hawaii. It is not like the Mainland despite the never ending influence of global capitalism. It still retains ohana (family) and cooperation (aloha) as a way to be and deal with people.

It is a relief to be here. It is the only place on the planet that I really feel welcomed and at peace.
Life is easier here and really, the only thing that is really expensive for families is housing.

I enjoy being able to visit here 3-6 months a year. I would live here permanetly, but it is too far away from other things I also enjoy.

I have been to all the islands, but I will concentrate on Honolulu. I know it best because overall, I have lived there during 8 years of my llfe.

• Pros:Get for physical health and fitness and it is really beautiful here
  • Cons:expensive housing, hard to get to, and gentrified
  • In a nutshell:Go especially in the winter months. It beats being in Manhattan.
  • Last visit to Hawaii (State of): Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2005

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2006 at 8:15 AM

morning E, with the Winter around the corner, are you headed for the Pacific Tropics again ;-))) or Paris providing the full variety for continuous excitemnet ?

• snoopy9109's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 7:47 PM

checking on Hawaii and there you are, first on the list!! thanks Elizabeth for such wonderful and informative page.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 8:43 PM

(-; (-;

thinking Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)

Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?