"Bernal" Bernal by ephobius
Bernal Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 47 photos
This tiny town stands at the base of Bernal Rock, La Peña de Bernal, a gigantic monolith wich dominates the landscape. It can be seen from 50 kms (30 mi) away! Many movies, TV programs and ads were filmed here. All year round there are guided excursions to the top (see Off the beaten path).
During Spring equinox (March 21) turists gather by thousands at the Rock. They believe this day it gets cosmic energy.
Others say here you can often see UFOs (OVNIs in Spanish) at night. Even Martians come to visit this place! :)) Why shouldn't you? (see Nightlife)
It's easy to get to Bernal, it's just an hour from where I live and 3 from Mexico City. Many people come to spend a day or two without hurries and traffic (see Must see activities). Internet? Of course they have!
Wool products, handcrafts and delicious candies are made here (see Shopping).
Oh, and maybe the most interesting thing about Bernal: this is the place with the highest rate of people with 100 birthdays or more in the nation... Mmm, maybe that cosmic energy is true after all... Or maybe the OVNIs really land here...
A pissing boys fountain?! Why not? Brussels, Belgium, has one and is world wide famous. more travel advice
You will find masks among many other hadcrafts, from traditional to strange. more travel advice
ephobius' Related Pages
Bernal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It sure is a big freaking rock."
- "San Sebastian de Bernal."
- " Bernal "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bernal
- Hotels in Bernal
- Nightlife in Bernal
- Restaurants in Bernal
- Shopping in Bernal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bernal
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bernal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bernal
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Torreón Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos