"Durango City" Durango by ephobius
Durango Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 22 photos
Dominating the wide Guadiana Valley stands Durango, a city with old flavor.
Stroll by Guadiana and Sahuatoba parks. Picture yourself at Pancho Villa's monument, who was born close to this city. See general tips.
Find the ghostly nun in the cathedral tower. I have seen her!! Read about her in activity tips.
Enjoy comedy, drama and fine music at Victoria Theatre (named after Mexico's first President, Durango State native Guadalupe Victoria).
American actor John Wayne filmed here 7 times. See more activity tips.
Scorpions as a souvenir?! Strange but true. See shopping tips.
Some of my ancestors were from Durango, like my great-great-grandparents, shown here with their family around 1893 (their last son, my great-grandfather was born the next year; the mother died giving birth). I still have some relatives living in the city.
My grandfather lived here part of his life and he is remembered every year by the Durango Society of Writers.
It usually has pigeons around... and, yes, that's me at the base. Inside you can buy souvenirs at reasonable prices. more travel advice
Don't miss to take a picture of you with Pancho Villa! Here you can see why he was nicknamed The Centaur of the North. more travel advice
ephobius' Related Pages
Durango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City Of Durango"
- "Durango City"
- "A short visit in Durango"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durango
- Hotels in Durango
- Restaurants in Durango
- Shopping in Durango
- Warnings and Dangers in Durango
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durango
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Durango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durango
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Gómez Palacio Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos