"San Juan del Río" San Juan del Río by ephobius
San Juan del Río Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
On San Juan's main square you will find a 20-meter-tall column with a bronze eagle at the top. It is from the 1860's.
This industrial city hasn't lost its old flavor, cobblestone streets and handcrafts.
Here is also located the Museum of Death, Museo de la Muerte, a museum devoted to the different rituals, traditions and beliefs about the death all around the world.
I worked here for a radio station about a year, back in 1991. Later, in 1996, I took my first and only Finnish language lessons here. Some nice people from Finland came to work here and I was their translator (English-Spanish). They also took their first Spanish lesson from me. They all wanted to know the meaning of Corona (the beer brand). Do you know the answer? Just look at the logo in any Corona bottle!
This is the old bridge over San Juan river, built in 1711.
The local Fair is by mid-June, every year.
ephobius' Related Pages
San Juan del Río Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Juan del Río
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San Juan del Río?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Juan del Río
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Torreón Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos