"Torreón" Torreón by ephobius
Torreón Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
Northern city with nice desertic surroundings, located at the western edge of Coahuila State. Twin city Gómez Palacio, Durango State, is just across the dividing Nazas river.
With third twin city Ciudad Lerdo (Lerdo City), Durango, all 3 add up to more than 1 million inhabitants and are known as La Laguna (The Lagoon) region. That name comes from the fact that those rivers do not run to any ocean, instead, they discharge in nearby Mayran and Viesca lagoons.
Metallurgic foundry, cotton fields and textile industry fluorish in La Laguna.
Picture: October 2003 opening of the new sculpture, The Wheat, by famous sculpturer Sebastian.
Visit the Mexican Revolution Museum and the Railroad Museum. Great exhibits. Also stroll by downtown. El Torreón,... more travel advice
Dinosaur valley, located at Rincón Colorado ranch, 200 kms east on free highway to Saltillo. Museum displays dinosaur... more travel advice
ephobius' Related Pages
Torreón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WOOOW TORREON COAHUILA!!!"
- "The desert flower"
- "Torreon hotels"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torreón
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Torreón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torreón
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Torreón Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos