"State of Queretaro" Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga by ephobius
Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 309 photos
It is "sculptured in stone" as it has Bernal Rock, cobblestone streets in main cities, the largest and highest stone Aqueduct in Mexico, pinkstone churches and buildings, opal (semi-precious stone) mines, and it was the keystone to Mexico's Independence.
This is my state, the one I know the best. It is small (12,000 square kms), the size of Connecticut (USA) or Jamaica. Despite its size, Queretaro has green valleys, deserts, forested mountains and tropical lands.
Conin, a XVI century Otomi warrior and merchant, helped the Spaniards conquer the region. His 20 meter tall stone monument stands atop a hill in the middle of Highway 57 at La Noria.
Unfortunately current license plates have no image. Other states have a graphic on their plates (see my pages about these states (estados): Chihuahua, Zacatecas, Durango, Sinaloa, Jalisco, Distrito Federal.
Previous Queretaro plates had the image of the aqueduct. See it on my Aqueduct travelogue, on my Queretaro City page.
I stayed here several times before it was a thematic hotel (and was cheaper). I enjoyed the tranquil surroundings and... more travel advice
ephobius' Related Pages
Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State of Queretaro"
- "BIENVENIDOS A LA HISTORICA CIUDAD DE QUERETARO"
- "A place to visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Hotels in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Transportation in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Nightlife in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Restaurants in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Shopping in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- 31 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
Photos in Estado de Querétaro de ArteagaSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Torreón Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos