"State of Chihuahua" Estado de Chihuahua by ephobius
Estado de Chihuahua Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 433 photos
Chihuahua is the biggest Mexican state. It is as big as Wyoming (USA) or as continental Italy (without the islands of Sicily and Sardinia). I crossed it in 9 hours by car. Sorry, no pictures of that time. It is mainly desertic, plain on the east, rugged on the west.
Chihuahuan people is very friendly and open. They have the extremes in Mexico: the highest cascades (Basaseachi 246 m, Piedra Volada 453 m), the widest and deepest canyons (del Cobre (Copper), Urique, Candameña, and Sinforosa -the Queen of cliffs, 1830 m deep!) and the most spectacular railroad scenery (the Chihuahua- Pacífico).
The Rarámuri ("light footed" or "light runners") or Tarahumarans live in the Sierra Tarahumara since centuries and they prefer to run than to use mules or horses. Running is their life and culture. To hunt, they may chase an animal until it gets tired and drops from exhaustion. They are depicted in the Chihuahua license plates.
See my pages on Ciudad Juárez and Chihuahua City.
ephobius' Related Pages
Estado de Chihuahua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home Town Chihuahua"
- "Copper Canyon State"
- "Sierra Taraomara...raices del edo.Grande"
- "State of Chihuahua"
- "ESTADO DE CHIHUAHUA, MEXICO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Chihuahua
- Hotels in Estado de Chihuahua
- Transportation in Estado de Chihuahua
- Nightlife in Estado de Chihuahua
- Restaurants in Estado de Chihuahua
- Shopping in Estado de Chihuahua
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Chihuahua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Chihuahua
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Estado de Chihuahua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Chihuahua
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Torreón Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos