"State of Durango" Estado de Durango by ephobius
Estado de Durango Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 47 photos
Mexico's 4th largest state. Desert plains to the east and forested mountains to the west.
Famous people was born here: Guadalupe Victoria (Mexico's first President), Pancho Villa (Revolution hero).
Hollywood filmed lots of westerns here, including some with John Wayne.
See my pages on Durango City and Gómez Palacio.
- Pros:Wide open spaces
- Cons:Very cold (and snow) in the high sierras
- In a nutshell:Hollywood came here. Why not you?
ephobius' Related Pages
Estado de Durango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State of Durango"
- "indian pictographs and monoliths in sonoran desert"
- "DURANGO - ZAPATA or who am I ?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Durango
- Hotels in Estado de Durango
- Transportation in Estado de Durango
- Restaurants in Estado de Durango
- Shopping in Estado de Durango
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Durango
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Durango
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Estado de Durango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Durango
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Querétaro Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Durango Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bernal Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Denver Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cheyenne Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Torreón Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos