"El Kef" Top 5 Page for this destination El Kef by aliante1981
El Kef Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 113 photos
El Kef, or Le Kef - town, northwestern Tunisia. The town is situated at an elevation of 2,559 feet (780 m) on the slopes of the Haut (high) Tell, 22 miles (35 km) from the Algerian border. It occupies the site of an ancient Carthaginian town and later Roman colony—Sicca Veneria. El-Kef (“The Rock”) was an important stronghold during Turkish rule and is now a regional marketplace and strategic road junction on the route to Algeria. There are remains of a rampart, Roman baths, and a temple, as well as large cisterns below the Turkish Casbah (citadel), which crowns a rocky hill in the town's centre. El-Kef is surrounded by a region of grain and cattle raising and mining. Inhabitants of this area include sedentary groups of Berbers. Pop. (1984) 34,509. This description comes from Britannica 2003
Today El Kef looks really peaceful, and even sleepy. To the point that it is extremely difficult to imagine that it had... more travel advice
We traveling folk think that a curiosity is something native to a place that we come to look at. Nope! There are some... more travel advice
aliante1981's Related Pages
El Kef Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Rock, the Kasbah"
- "Le Kef"
- "Mountain Town"
- "El Kef"
- "Le Kef - The Rock"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Kef
- Hotels in El Kef
- Transportation in El Kef
- Nightlife in El Kef
- Restaurants in El Kef
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Kef
- 7 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to El Kef?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Kef
Photos in El KefSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubna Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 38 reviews, 24 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 15 photos
- Geneva Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues