Amsterdam Warnings Or Dangers Tips by dila
Amsterdam Warnings and Dangers: 490 reviews and 299 photos
When you see a cross where you want to park dont park your car here.
It can be that it is sharing a car place like for car2go, connectcars.
It can be only for police
It can be a special Handicap parking mostly you will see a licenseplate sign.
Your car will be tow away
for cheaper parking look on the map web link
I dont think there is any free parking in Amsterdam no more
You cant buy public transport tickets on the street.
You can only buy them at the public transport itself or some offices like at Tickets and Info at Central station, Station Zuid (South) Also possible to buy more day tickets here.
Holland pass you need to give the coupon for public transport at the office you buy this pass.
The scam works like this i have seen 1 person doing it.
He asks tickets from people leaving the tram or picks tickets up from the street.
He sells them to you or go with you and asks a bigger price often then they costs for the service he gave. The person i know he scams is tall is white and has sometimes a coat with nr 88 on the back.
a ticket works when you check in and get a green light and 1 beep. you read a date or goede ries or overstap check out always you read tot ziens
not working red light 2 beeps.
If you dont have a valid ticket it can cost you 37.70 euro
To reconize a Taxi
Taxi on top of the car
Blue license plate Yellow dont use it ( it is possible but just dont use it as it is someone who
waits for new license plate so the change is almost 0%)
a meter were you can see the price visible and near that a pass with ID of the taxi driver.
Think a taxi will be around 40 euro's from Schiphol to Amsterdam
Know taxi company TCA , Meerlanden, schipholtaxi
will put the TCA weblink as you can see some prices there
use the Calculate price & Book online link
Do you have a complain about a taxi
people who say they are from the police
they say that they think you have false money or drugs
the want to see your wallet and then the steel your money.
special tourists from asia beware.
most of the fake cops are from east europe.
real police see pictures on the website.
non emergncy 0900-8844
crowded places like markets, shops, public transport or the museum area
you find pickpockets
so dont show your money or things with value
dont take food or drinks from strange people
they can put drugs in it
this happened one time with cookies and drinks for girls (rapedrugs)
More Reviews (105)
- See All Museumkaart
- See All 8 Windmills part 2
- See All Foodfestivalweekend in june
- See All Dont park your car here
- Urinors for the weekend
- Friday Skating Vondelpark
dila's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 111 Reviews
- 132 Photos
- 173 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2013 in Sibiu, Romania"
- Wrote a Review Museumkaart about IAmsterdam Card & Passes in Amsterdam Favorites
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "meeting Amsterdam 13 and 14th of march 2004"
- Commented on one of AC_spotter's Amsterdam travel pages
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (132)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 111 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Intro, 21 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 19 reviews, 133 photos, 10 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 14 reviews, 104 photos, 10 travelogues
- Belém Intro, 14 reviews, 103 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kortrijk Intro, 15 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 6 reviews, 98 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaanse Schans Intro, 41 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (141)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do