"Zaanse Schans" Top 5 Page for this destination Zaanse Schans by dila
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 640 photos
All tips edited feb 2011
The Zaanse Schans is a kind of open air museum with buildings and windmills.
Look for info before you go on http://www.zaanseschans.nl/
As the openingtimes and days are different for the buildings and some things depends of the weather
some general info i copied from the site as it does not fit with the tips
The Zaanse Schans Information Desk is situated in the reception area of the Zaans Museum and is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm. The Zaanse Schans is open daily throughout the year. There is no entrance fee, however some of the attractions charge an admission fee.
During the winter months some of the attractions are only opened in the weekends. For further information please contact the Zaanse Schans Information Desk or the opening hours on the website.
The Zaanse Schans Information Desk
Schansend 7, 1509 AW Zaandam
Tel +31 (0)75 681 00 00
Fax +31 (0)75 617 69 80
Zaanse Schans Card
Would you also like to visit the Zaanse Schans? Choose for convenience with our Zaanse Schans Card. This card provides several discounts on admissions for museums, windmills and purchases at shops. You can buy the card at the information desk of the museum.
adult 9.50 euro some free some discount look on the site
< 30 minutes
streets near the trainstation are free as before you park your car if it is free there.
How to get there
Just 10 miles northwest of Amsterdam the Zaans Museum is easily accessible by car, train or bus.
(take a look at Transport around Amsterdam)
Via the A10 Amsterdam ring direction Zaanstad. Take A8 and then A7 direction Purmerend. Take the exit Zaanse Schans and follow the signs to the Zaanse Schans. Turn right at the roundabout for the car park.
A9 direction Zaanstad. Take exit N203 direction Wormerveer/Zaandam. From here follow the signs to the Zaanse Schans.
Only four stops (20 minutes) by train from Amsterdam Central Station. Take the stop train direction Alkmaar to Koog-Zaandijk. From the station simply follow the signs to the Zaanse Schans. It is ten minute walk from the station.
There is an excellent bus service operating from Amsterdam Central Station direct to the Zaanse Schans. Bus 91 leaves Amsterdam Central Station twice hourly and stops next to the Zaans Museum.
Busses run from Zaandam Station to the Zaanse Schans every hour. Take bus 89 direction Wormerveer to Koog aan de Zaan. The bus stop is situated at windmill De Bleeke Dood.
vt members who joined and there Zaanse Schans pages
'In de Gecroonde Duyvekater' dating from 1658 houses a baker’s shop with a 19th century interior, a bakery with an... more travel advice
Oil Mill 'De Zoeker' was built in 1672 in the Westzijderveld in Zaandijk. It is believed that the mill saw 62 heavy... more travel advice
dila's Related Pages
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zaanse Schans"
- "It doesn't get any more dutch than this"
- ""A MUST SEE NEAR AMSTERDAM""
- "What a place for a VT meeting !!"
- "ZAANSE SCHANS"
- "Open air museum the Zaanse Schans"
- "Back to the 80's - The 1880's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaanse Schans
- Transportation in Zaanse Schans
- Restaurants in Zaanse Schans
- Shopping in Zaanse Schans
- Warnings and Dangers in Zaanse Schans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaanse Schans
- 41 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Zaanse Schans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaanse Schans
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 111 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Intro, 21 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 19 reviews, 133 photos, 10 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 21 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 14 reviews, 104 photos, 10 travelogues
- Belém Intro, 14 reviews, 103 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kortrijk Intro, 15 reviews, 102 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 6 reviews, 98 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaanse Schans Intro, 41 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues