"Porto Alegre" Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre by RaquelMac
Porto Alegre Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 508 photos
Porto Alegre is the capital city of the state of Rio Grande do Sul, a state in the very south of Brazil. POA, as Porto Alegre is frequently called by its people, is considered the city with the greatest number of trees in Brazil, with 13,62m2 of green area per inhabitant. There are almost 400 squares and 11 parks in the city.
The population is around 1.5 million people and it's composed by 25 different ethnic peoples.
POA is the capital of MERCOSUL, due to its strategic geographical position. It is the main commercial route in the south of South America.
Do you like sports? If you are keen on football (or soccer), you must visit both stadiums we have in Porto Alegre. One... more travel advice
This is Laçador Statue. It's the official symbol of the city. It represents the typical man from this region of the... more travel advice
RaquelMac's Related Pages
Porto Alegre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smiling City""
- "MY BEAUTIFUL CITY"
- "Porto Alegre bah !"
- "Porto Alegre"
- "guilhermebr's Porto Alegre Page"
- "Welcome to Porto Alegre!..."
- "P. Alegre, the Capital of the Brazilian Pampas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto Alegre
- Hotels in Porto Alegre
- Transportation in Porto Alegre
- Nightlife in Porto Alegre
- Restaurants in Porto Alegre
- Shopping in Porto Alegre
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto Alegre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porto Alegre
- 20 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 55 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Porto Alegre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto Alegre
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Guarujá Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 12 reviews, 2 photos
- Viamão Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- South America Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Bradford Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Leeds Intro, 1 review, 2 photos