"Tokaj-Hegyalja - home of the famous Hungarian wine" Top 5 Page for this destination Tokaj by mediamind
Tokaj Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 89 photos
Tokaj is the centre of Tokaj-Hegyalja region, where
the world famous Hungarian desert wine, Tokaj Aszu is produced.
Tokaj lies at the bottom of Tokaj Hill where Tisza and Bodrog rivers meet.
You can visit wine cellars where you can taste the wine which produced there and you also can buy it if you like the taste. They will bottle for you just front of your eyes in some places.
Wide life is just in reach of the hand.
Birds flies the sky of the town.
You can walk up to Tokaj hill, tour on the rivers by kajak or kenue, take a cycling tour, if you had enough of drinking (and eating as Halaszle [fish soup] Tisza style is also a must to taste here!)
- Pros:great wine, great food, sightseeing, activities
- Cons:not much nightlife
- In a nutshell:Hungarian countryside with the sweetest wine
This is a more touristic place, where you will find only bottled wines, but in a great variety. They have their own... more travel advice
You can swim in the river Tisza and Bodrog as they clean enough, but be a good swimmer and look for signs and do not... more travel advice
mediamind's Related Pages
Tokaj Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tokaji Aszú, Vinum Regum, Rex Vinorum"
- "Tokaj-Hegyalja - home of the famous Hungarian wine"
- "Tokaj-Hegyalja vineyard"
- "TOKAJ IN THE CENTRE OF UNESCO WINE REGION"
- "Welcome to Tokaj! *hiccup*"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokaj
- Hotels in Tokaj
- Transportation in Tokaj
- Restaurants in Tokaj
- Shopping in Tokaj
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokaj
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokaj
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Tokaj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokaj
Photos in TokajSee All Photos (20)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokaj Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Vac Intro, 3 photos