"Wyoming .....and Beyond" Wyoming by dacrites

Wyoming Travel Guide: 2,817 reviews and 8,209 photos

Above picture is taken from a postcard

To see lots of photos from my vacation to Wyoming & surrounding states, please see my Travelogues at the bottom of my Wyoming Page. I have them sorted each day of my vacation. They cover the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and various other places in and around Wyoming. Be patient on the travelogue titled "Day 6"; that was when I toured Yellowstone and there are a lot of photos.

******************

I absolutely LOVE this state!!!! The only section of Wyoming I've seen that I don't care for is the southestern part of the state...it's a little boring and the landscape kind of blah. Anyone visiting Wyoming should not leave without seeing the Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, visiting Jackson & Cody. I loved the drive from Jackson to Dubois, over the Togwotee pass. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I would move here in a minute!!! The scenery is varied, with a little something for everyone. I stayed the night in Logan, Utah (which is a nice little town) and drove to Jackson following Rt. 89 up through a little bit of Idaho, on into Wyoming. Very, very nice drive!!!!

The Cody Nite Rodeo (held every night through the summer months) in Cody, WY is something to put on your list of things to see. Also, Old Trail Town is very interesting.

Yellowstone has plenty of spots to visit and you could spend a full week there and still not see everything. If you are limited on time...you can take what is called the "Ring of Fire" loop, I believe, and hit all the major spots...the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Yellowstone's Upper and Lower Falls (not to be missed), various thermal pools & geysers, including Grand Prismatic Spring and Old Faithful. I would plan on getting up very early in the morning (you're more apt to see wildlife early am or in the evening). It took me roughly 8 hours to do the loop. Be prepared to do a lot of walking...the boardwalks are numerous. Also, plan plenty of extra time to allow for leisurely walking...due to the higher altitudes breathing can be a little hard, and many of the boardwalks have a lot of steps. Take your time!!

Last of all...everyone at some point in their life should visit the Grand Tetons & Yellowstone. It will enrich your life tremendously!!!

*******************

Went out on vacation again in July 2002 to Wyoming, and several states south. This year I went to Pinedale, WY for the Green River Rendezvous....which is a wonderful event. Pinedale is a very nice community near the Wind River Range, another set of mountains that rivel my love of the Grand Tetons! Drove up from Vernal, Utah on Rt. 191 through the Flaming Gorge National Recreation area. Very gorgeous place!! The drive had a lot of interesting landscape!

• In a nutshell:My favorite state out of the 41 I've visited so far!!!
  • Last visit to Wyoming: Aug 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 17, 2002

dacrites

“So little time for all the places I want to go!!!”

Badges & Stats in Wyoming

Have you been to Wyoming?

Latest Activity in Wyoming